Pages

Snow Day in mid-February

 I already thought that winter was over. But no, Tuesday's snowstorm is a great example of New England's tricky winter.








The employer announced a “snow day". 

A day at home in bad weather is the best time to write a post.

But apparently not for me…

I have a friend who is constantly worried about something. According to her husband, “worry” is her second name.

I think I have something similar.

At first, I was worried whether they would declare a “snow day” or not*.

Then I was worried about how I would get to the hospital (it was my annual)....in the snow.

When I returned home, I was worried if we would have time to clear the sidewalk  of snow before it starts to freeze onto the asphalt.


I could continue this list, but I won't.


All these worries greatly affect my mood and motivation. I'm even afraid to think about how many things I haven't done.


I don't know how to deal with worrying, I'm not a psychologist.

The plans are to continue reading the book “How to stop worrying and start living” (Dale Carnegie), stop berating myself for not doing anything, slow down and start writing more often. Writing often helps to sort out the mess in your head.


How are you dealing with anxiety? How are you escaping? 

Please, share! I will appreciate it!


* I needed to figure out if I am taking a personal day for my annual.


Sunday walk with my husband, 2 days before...









No comments:

Post a Comment