Pages

The art of bad baking

 It seems I got into a pattern of bad baking. Well, I am an ordinary person after all.



Last year I didn’t grow any sorrel. My last plant died a year before. We bought seeds on Amazon, and in late summer I planted sorrel.

Surprisingly, it didn’t die over the winter. However, It shouldn’t surprise me. The  winters turned out to be mild. My sorrel grew out well, and I craved for pies. Small sweet & sour pies. 


The thing is, I'm not good with dough, just at all.

A friend of mine showed me the process of preparing dough a few times but I didn't get it. 

Honestly it’s not that difficult. Just beyond my ability.


I bought dough.

The only problem was that I couldn't find the pie dough. I bought pizza dough. What is the difference anyway?



So, I had dough, made the filling (cut sorrel, mixed it with sugar, crushed it a little with a pusher).

Here, if I had pie dough, I would bake them. Here is a short video.


But I didn’t, so I fried. 


Well, I got my pies, dirty dishes and a grease-splattered stove.

I’m good for another 5 years. 






No comments:

Post a Comment