Pages

Friday's talk

I like spending time with my husband, especially because we don't have much of it. 

On Wednesday evenings he tells me “see you Friday”. On Thursday mornings he gives me a “have a good day”- kiss. On Thursday evening I give him a “good-night”-kiss.







We had a good time together on Friday evening.

After he came home from work we had a glass of wine and talked. 

What I like about my marriage to Daniel is that we can talk about a lot of things. 



On Friday evening, while talking, he showed me a video from Pinterest. I was watching it and started to cry. 


Here is a link to a YouTube video. You rather watch it. Hopefully, you’re not going to cry.



When I managed to speak again, I told him about the memories that brought tears. 


I remembered a time in my previous life when I didn't respect myself. And not because I did something wrong. I’ve just never been good enough for my ex-husband and his family. I felt that I was worthless.

Daniel listened to me and said that he always admired my eagerness to learn, my eagerness to try, my eagerness not to give up and try again, my eagerness to be the best version of myself.

And after all the compliments he added, “How come I'm a husband of a woman like you”. 

Wow, that was very pleasant to hear!


Sometimes I wonder what my life would have been like if I hadn't gone on a first date with my ex-husband.

Nobody knows, of course.

Well, psychologists say, “Don't cry over spilled milk”. Meaning, as far as I understand, don't get stuck in the past. However, you must learn your lesson. 

I think I have learned mine. 


I still remember my past, and can cry with self-pity. But I moved on. I didn't expect where it would bring me though. At least I know the difference between a good and a bad relationship (for me). 





Once I was talking to someone about my marriage to Daniel. I explained why we get along - we have the same goal, and the goal is to make me happy.


Hearing this, Daniel laughed, but it was his own words.







https://rainingdogsandblogs.blogspot.com/2023/04/from%20siberian%20woman%20to%20myself.html


https://rainingdogsandblogs.blogspot.com/2023/04/My%20ugly%20duckling%20story.html


No comments:

Post a Comment