Pages

Hope never dies

 Do you wear an apron when you cook?

I do…just… I often put it on after I get some stains on my clothes. 

I like all of my three aprons, really do.

Also I like my other clothes, even stained ones. So I try to find a way to decorate/camouflage the spots. 


Look, here is a T-shirt I ruined last Christmas… The decor is called Alabama Chanin t-shirt design. I found it on Pinterest. I think it might look different. I chose this one.






There is a long sleeve T-shirt. I don’t know the exact name of the design…I just like it.








To create a new design is wonderful. To make something really different, not like everyone else’s  - wonderful again. 

But why would I need to mess up something in order to create? 

Why not to prevent the appearance of spots? Why not put an apron before and not after? 


What is it? Laziness or hope that everything will be fine. 


I learned how to plan (not exactly my life, but in general) back in Russia, during my first marriage. I should have been prepared (a few steps ahead) for anything that might happen. I think it was a necessary skill for an ideal wife, which my ex-husband wanted to make of me.

And so, I can plan and can cook. 


I think I need to develop the habit of planning to put an apron on before and not after. 

That way I can save my time for creating something cool or reading. For example a book Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear.




Do you wear an apron or read instead of cooking?







No comments:

Post a Comment