Pages

Laziness is the engine of progress

 “Laziness is the engine of progress”. 

Have you heard such an expression?


Does it work for you?

As for me, it worked on Saturday (Dec 2) morning.

I had a day off last Saturday unlike my husband.

I had planned to go to the pharmacy to buy some cosmetic stuff for myself. Usually I walk to the “Rite Aid” pharmacy downtown.

Usually I walk. I prefer to walk downtown - I don't need to park and I should walk for a health reason anyway. 

I used to walk, but not this time.


Saturday morning I got up early and over my coffee I was planning the day.

It was 7 am. I wanted to start as soon as possible to be able to manage as much as possible. LOL

I checked online: the “Rite Aid” opens at 8 AM, Walgreens - at 6 AM. To “Rite Aid” I would walk in an hour, to Walgreens - drive NOW. The time factor made up my mind. When I want something  I want it yesterday. 


What does it have to do with laziness? Maybe nothing. 


But I was glad to notice that after my sessions with the counselor, the reason for doing or not doing something has changed, and I hope for good. 

Before, I would plan out my time to get to the downtown pharmacy just at opening time. I would definitely walk there.

Now I simply drove to Walgreens, it’s a familiar road and a large parking lot. And it turned out there was a bigger selection of products. 


Laziness or the beginning of a cure from my fear? It depends from which point of view to look at it. 

In the end, my Saturday was wonderful, I managed to do a lot. I am pleased with myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment