Pages

About friends and friendship

 At lunchtime, IG showed me a short video from Sex and the City, where Carrie goes to meet her friends and thinks: it's good to have a life partner, but it's also good to meet my unmarried friends to go to the movies.

I immediately have a lot of thoughts and questions: how to find friends, especially for me, who recently (for 10 years) lives in the country, how and at what age do they make friends in America, and how  4 different women from the movie (what do they have in common at all?) became friends?

me and my married friends, Tomsk



Once upon a time in a past life, I decided that I had enough friends. And not just enough, but a lot. I didn't have enough time to communicate with everyone.


Then I moved to America. I continued to communicate with Russian friends online, but I really wanted to find American friends. I thought that a friend would help to adapt to a new country faster.

It took me a while to get to know a lot of people. Some of them I can call friends.

But how difficult it is to just get together here. Everyone is working, busy with family, children, pets.


And to be completely honest, myself as a friend is not the best, I have my own problem (which I work on) - mobility (the ability to move from point a to point b); not love for cinemas and restaurants, shopping and hairdressers, also, ignorance of American classics (films, actors, catch phrases, famous food and not food brands, etc  - who is interested in patronizing a middle aged woman?).


with colleagues, having fun, Tomsk



So, for now, my best friend is my husband.


I am also thinking of watching “Sex and the City" from the beginning. Maybe I will be able to find some answers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment