Pages

The word of the day is friends

 


It was raining from morning until the evening.

Usually there are fewer visitors in the library on such days. And what does that mean? That we can devote more time to those who came.



In the morning, one young woman was looking for books about metaphysics, different religions, their connections and origins, as well as tarot cards. I showed her shelves with similar books. And then we started talking. It turned out that she was learning Russian. Why??

I don't know, I didn't ask. But isn't it cool?

I remembered how I learned English and how I dreamed of meeting a native speaker. And after all, I met!

One day a young woman came into the store where I worked and explained in broken Russian that she needed a jacket.

Unfortunately, we couldn't find a jacket for her. But I was On top of the world when I found out she was American.  And out of happiness and excitement, I forgot what to say to get acquainted in English. A few words I could put together were asking for her email. 

I still remember this incident and smile.


Tomsk Mall, Jennifer and me. 2010



I don't know if we will communicate with my new friend Jillian. I believe that there are no accidental meetings. The universe needed to meet us for something.


I completed my working day at the Lawler Library (I worked there for 3 years when I had a part-time job).

I arrived there around 2:30 p.m. and saw my longtime subscriber, my supporter - Jo. She subscribed to my blog very soon after I started blogging and is still reading. Once, when I was in a transition period from one blog to another, she did not receive notifications about new posts for a long time. Then she stopped by my work to find out what happened. I also have the “why?” for her: why does she read me? 

I don't know, but it's nice, and I appreciate it.


There weren't many visitors at the Lawler branch either. Matt (my colleague) and I spent the day talking about visitors, pets and actually working.


The word of the rainy Monday day is friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment