Pages

Sunday Tea Party

 On Sunday (Sept 17th) my colleagues and I went to Plymouth. You won't believe why? To drink tea out!

Moreover, a former colleague who conceived and found a café could not go at the last moment.


Plymouth* is a tourist town 40-50 minutes drive from New Bedford.

Daniel and I have been there 3-4 times for sure.






2015




Usually in small tourist towns, shops, cafes and restaurants are located on the first floors of buildings on the main street(s). 

Parking is not easy to find. This is probably what keeps me away from traveling around the area on my own.

Shelly's tea room is the name of the cafe. There is also a shop where you can buy loose tea (expensive, but in tourist places it is always so) and souvenirs.

The owners are English. They offer tea (100 types) and scones . Everything is edible, but it's not very interesting for me.

The most interesting thing was the world map on the wall. On this map, visitors use flags to mark where they are from. I couldn't resist and noted Tomsk (my hometown).

But! Before me, this cafe was visited by someone from ....Surgut**!


A couple of flags were even further north, but the map was hanging high, I could see the country or city.













To be honest, I'm not a fan of restaurants and cafes. To me they are like waiting rooms of some kind: first you wait until everyone decides what to order (if you are lucky and you are not waiting for a table), then - until the order is accepted, then - until they cook and bring a meal to you, and in the end the bill!

In general, eating at home is better and cheaper.


So, I am going to look for a recipe for scones.


If you already have a proven and tried recipe, share it!



*Plymouth is a town in Massachusetts. Founded in 1620 on the shores of Cape Cod Bay, it is the oldest European settlement in New England and one of the oldest cities in the United States. It is home to the Plymouth Patuxet Village Museum formerly known as Plimoth Plantation. The village shows how the first English settlers (pilgrims) lived when they emigrated to America, seeking religious freedom from the Church of England.

The Mayflower II museum ship is also located here - it is a replica of the 17th-century ship Mayflower, famous for transporting pilgrims to the New World (America) in 1620.


** Surgut is a city on the Ob River in western Siberia, Russia. The Tom River (on which the city of Tomsk is located) is a tributary of the Ob River. I know that Surgut is located north of Tomsk. The distance between Surgut and Tomsk is 2115 km, the travel time by car is 32 hours 51 minutes.



Links:



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgut




No comments:

Post a Comment