Pages

Rendezvous with the ocean

 It is my day off. I went to the rendezvous today…rendezvous with the ocean. 



Good thing I don't need to make an appointment for this. I hate appointments. LOL.


When I first moved to New Bedford, the ocean was WOW! for me. I admired it, its power, waves, wind, smell, boats, even seaweed, and huge seagulls, of course. 

I was collecting seashells and taking them home every time until…

Until I get used to the fact that the ocean is here, it’s not going anywhere. And I am here too.


Sometimes I can smell it in my backyard, if the wind is blowing in the right direction. I am happy to know that yes, there is an ocean 15 minutes away from here. But I hardly find the time to visit it. Pity.

My colleague talked about her hobbies, something like she needs to find a new hobby…

I am thinking, should I create a hobby of visiting the ocean once a month? Can I call it a hobby?  Maybe it’s better to call it a tradition? 

What do we need to create a new tradition? A company, a reason, or a wish? Or just a reminder that we are living NOW.



The salty air and the sun made my skin sticky. But, man, I like the ocean. The sounds of the waves calms the anxiety of hurrying and trying to manage as much as possible on a day off, and blunts the guilt that I didn't bring the dog with me. Crackle likes to walk on the beach, where the smells are very different from the city smells. But the best time to do it is at 5 in the morning, when good-behaved dogs are asleep. And with Crackle on a leash, forget about calming down and enjoying the walk even with no other dogs on the horizon.  


Today was my day, my long deserved rendezvous.


A fly in the ointment: unfortunately little black flies also live now. I couldn’t sit and enjoy the ocean view for long. These gnats were hungry and annoying. So, I blew a kiss to the ocean and left feeling happier.  


Fort Phoenix today














No comments:

Post a Comment