Pages

Starting to continue

 I'm starting to continue...to take collagen and turmeric. I kill two birds with one stone: I take dietary supplements and drink water (try to swallow these huge capsules without a lot of water).



Why? I met the year 2023 with knee pain. Arthritis. All year I did various leg exercises and not only, sometimes I took pills, sometimes I used pain relief lotion and pain relief patches. The pain was dulled, but it did not go away completely. 

A friend recommended collagen.

You know what collagen* is …?


I found and purchased collagen capsules on Amazon. I took it.  My nails strengthened, my hair grew, but my knee continued to hurt. 

Then I heard from colleagues about turmeric (Google says it is very useful). I followed the well-trodden path: Amazon, capsules, take in.

In autumn, when the humid weather ended, the knee stopped hurting. What helped? Riddle. 


A few months ago, I bought collagen and turmeric again. 

Spring is just around the corner, although it doesn’t feel like it. But I want to be ready, meaning looking and feeling good. 


Today I decided to “start to continue” something else - reading Carnegie's “How to stop worrying and start living”. Fortunately, I bought the book on book sale and it is always at home, always available. Frankly, I may need it almost anytime. 


Well, I worry too much about everything. 

For example, during breakfast, I saw that the Hawthorn street intersection near my house was blocked. I usually drive down this street when I need  to get to work by 12pm. In the morning, it was blocked and I started to worry: how long will it last, which way I should go to work, will they be gone by the time my husband gets back home, and etc.

Then I pulled myself together, got distracted with other home chores. And calmed down. 

When I left the house the intersection was free and happily I took it. But, ready for this? the very next one was blocked, LOL. I think these utility people moved throughout the street fixing something each block. I had to make a loop around as other drivers did and got to work on time and almost my usual way.


Quotes from the book:

“Our life is what our thoughts make it” - Marcus Aurelius

“Nothing can bring you peace but yourself” - Ralph Waldo Emerson


*Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Its fiber-like structure is used to make connective tissue. Like the name implies, this type of tissue connects other issues and is a major component of bones, skin, muscles, tendons, and cartilage.


No comments:

Post a Comment