Pages

Finally Boston again

 My sister has been tormenting me for the last couple of weeks, telling me she was cooking buckwheat. 




The thing is buckwheat is my favorite porridge. In the US, I could only buy it in Russian stores. I know one of them in Boston (there are several stores, but I know just one). And there are a few other products that I would like to buy. Daniel was wondering if I could order some groceries to be delivered.

No way. First of all, I like Boston. Then I want to select my groceries right in the store. And I need to practice my driving, not to Boston though. I drove to the Middleboro/ Lakeville train station.


Daniel and I had already gone to Boston by train once before

This time I went by myself, alone. 

This is actually convenient:  I can change my mind and not go anywhere or change the time of leaving home. Of course, there is no one to take a picture of me, but it’s ok. Having a companion doesn’t mean that you get nice photos. 

Anyway, I arrived in Middleboro earlier, paid for parking in the app and on the time I got on a train. 


It's nice to feel like a tourist again. I wasn't even reading the book, I was just looking out the dirty window.  The window view was not exactly pretty: some trees, with and without leaves, train’s fences, small and big businesses, and the police station in Brockton, etc. An hour by train, and I'm in Boston.


Lovely, lovely Boston. A little bit cooler than I expected. I was surprised to see so many homeless people this time. or I have not been to Boston for so long that I don't remember them before. 

But it was interesting to watch Saturday morning in the Brookline neighborhood: people walking their dogs, drinking coffee on the street, waiting in line at the bakeries. 









The store has changed: the interior is different, the assortment has decreased, and service…sellers are more polite now, lol.

I remember when I first went to the store I was shocked. Sellers were almost rude, as if I had returned to the past, to the store of the soviet union.   

My friend (when she lived in Boston) and I shared our experience of shopping there. We both laughed at the remnants of the Soviet Union on the territory of Boston.


But I bought what I wanted, just a few things, but altogether heavy, lol. 

 





My “prey”: buckwheat, salted herring, halva (sweets made from sunflower seeds), caviar, bacon (not sliced but smoked), jelly candies. Everything that I like. Daniel doesn’t eat it, luckily for me.


The weather was not cooperative. Therefore, I was waiting for my train at the South Station. I saw…the Amish people.  I've only seen them on book covers. I couldn't believe that people still wear such clothes. I was too shy to ask them for permission to take a photo. There are no photos. 

The train was boarding passengers on time, and exactly an hour after departure I arrived at Middleborough Railway Station.


Ahead, I had homework, cooking, and shopping at Lowe’s, and we saw a deer on Hawthorn street. 

All in all, I had a nice Saturday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment