Pages

Handmade ottoman

 Almost everyday (the main word here is almost) when I do my leg’s exercises I face ( literally face) a piece of my creations - a handmade ottoman*.



Lately I have become obsessed with the idea of recycling or upcycling or reusing things.

For my job I'm in a constant search of new ideas for my “Get crafty with Elena” program. So I monitor Pinterest and watch videos on YouTube. 

I got fascinated by the ability of some people to create something from nothing. 

Some of them inspire me so much that I try to make something too.


Well, I do try.

A few months ago I started making this thing called ottoman. It’s not real (you can’t sit on it), but it serves its purpose -  I can store clothes in it. 

I cut out cardboard boxes, glued them together with two different kinds of glue. To decorate, I crocheted a chain using t-shirt yarn (I made from old t-shirts). I used hot glue to attach the chains, and even made a little design. 

Then, about two months later, I eventually came up with a cover.


And TA-DA! Done! 


*An ottoman is a low, upholstered stool, usually with legs. This furniture can be used as a footrest, coffee table, or seat. Many ottomans can also double as hidden storage, with a hollow center that can organize blankets, games, books, and more.



 










No comments:

Post a Comment